Why we collect, use and disclose your personal information
Personal information can be any information that is about you or that can reasonably be ascertained to be about you (Personal Information)
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information so that we can effectively provide our products and services to you. Sometimes, collection, use or disclosure of certain types of Personal Information may also be mandated by law, for example for record keeping purposes.
We will only collect, use or disclose your Personal Information if it is necessary for the legitimate purposes of conducting our business. We will never sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties for financial gain. We may disclose your Personal Information to our business partners, third party contractors, agents and suppliers in connection with providing our Goods/Services to you.
Some of the legitimate businesses purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information include:
- To provide our goods and services (Goods/Services);
- To correspond with you, including answering queries or providing information requested by you (including marketing and promotional material where you have consented to receiving them);
- To improve or develop our Goods/Services and Site, including conducting product and market research;
- To improve our understanding of your interest, suitability and behavior in relation to our Goods/Services;
- To maintain an internal record of our communications and business dealings with you;
- To deal with any complaints or disputes;
- To comply with any relevant law or regulation.
Types of personal information we collect
Examples of the types of Personal Information that we may collect include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details such as address, phone number or email;
- Your date of birth;
- Your IP address or device identifier;
- Billing information (such as credit card and bank account details);
- Proof of identity information and documents
- Geolocation data from your electronic device; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we collect your personal information
We may collect your Personal Information directly from you:
- When you communicate with or send correspondence to us;
- Through your purchase of our Goods/Services; and
- Through your use and access of our Site.
If we collect Personal Information from a third party, we will only do so when we have your consent or if we are otherwise required or permitted to do so without your consent by law.
Email communications and direct marketing
By supplying us with your email address and any other Personal Information, you authorise the team at Live Deeply or its agents to contact you directly or send you updates and promotional information by email, telephone, social media, SMS, or posted mail about Live Deeply, its products and services from time to time.
This may include communication or information from third parties that we have an association with or have entered into joint promotions activities with that are related to the Live Deeply products and services.
You can contact us at any time at email@example.com to update your marketing preferences or elect not to receive any further communication or marketing material from us.
Links to other websites from our site
Our Site may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party websites and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party websites. If you follow a link or click through a third party website, you do so at your own risk.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to:
- Ask us what information we hold about you;
- Receive a copy of your Personal Information that we hold; and
- Have your Personal Information held by us corrected, updated or deleted.
However, in some circumstances, we may refuse access to your Personal Information. This includes where:
- The information does not exist or cannot be found;
- You fail to supply us with sufficient identification information for us to verify your identity and/or your authority to access some else’s Personal Information;
- Giving access may pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or the public in general;
- Giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals; and
- Any other circumstances allowed under the Privacy Act 2020.
You can request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a request to delete or amend your Personal Information may result in Live Deeply being unable to sell products directly and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
Security and data retention
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps necessary to protect the Personal Information collected by us, and to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is protected from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclose or alteration. Our Site has electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and SSL encryption. Our staff, agents and suppliers are obliged to respect the confidentiality of personal and/or personal information held by us.
You acknowledge that any transmission of data by email, hard copy email or any other method may be illegality intercepted and used by third parties. We shall not be responsible or liable to any person for any interception or loss or unauthorised use of data transmitted to or from us or for any breach or lapse of security of our information storage or processing systems caused by factors outside of our control.
Queries and complaints
In the case of a complaint, we may request further information from you before being able to deal with the complaint. We will endeavour to let you know our decision with respect to the complaint within 20 working days of receiving all relevant information, including further information that we may request.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094
Thank you for shopping at Live Deeply.